How to Draft Basic Ladies' Pants with Slant Pockets and Elastic Waistband
Pattern Drafting is an important part of fashion designing and requires tremendous skills and practice. Pattern drafting is where pattern pieces are drawn on paper according to body measurement which becomes the base for designers to create garments. There are various techniques that professionals use, some of them are creating block pattern, tracing, and making final pattern.
Before starting to draft the pattern, arm yourself with the following:
1. Pattern paper/Manila paper
2. Long ruler (80 cm)/Short (30cm)
3. French curve
4. Pencil and eraser
5. Tape measure
6. Hip curve
3. Knee circumference
4. Bottom Width
5. Pants length
Cutting the Final Patterns
Once you are done with the manipulation and allocation of allowances on the pattern, you may now cut the final pattern following the guidelines below:
1. Use appropriate cutting tool. It must be sharp enough to cut edges and curves smoothly. Never use fabric shears in cutting pattern.
2. Cut exactly on the seam allowances. Do not try to increase or decrease it so that problems will be prevented during garment construction. This also facilitates an easier and exact placement of patterns when planning for pattern layout.
3. To cut curved areas smoothly, like crotch, make a short cut using the tip of the scissors.
4. For patterns that need to be prepared in double like pockets, have a ready pattern to plan the layout easily. This is an advantage when the fabric is limited for specific project but be sure to make its identical pieces.
I hope you learned from this video. Enjoy Watching!!!
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- How To Draft A Pattern for ELASTIC WAISTBAND SHORTS••• for Adults & Kids #PatternDrafting 🩳
- How To Sew An Elastic Waistband Romper WITH POCKETS From Scratch For Kids & Adults 🔆
- How To Sew Elastic Waistband Shorts WITH POCKETS 🩳 | Sewing Pattern Modifications Included ✏️
- HOW TO MAKE AN OFF SHOULDER DRESS WITH ELASTIC BAND | Cutting & Stitching | Draft, Cut and Sew DIY
- How to sew pants: Elastic waist wide-leg style | Sewing Tutorial with Angela Wolf
- how to replace elastic|how to replace elastic waistband
- Ladies Pants With Elastic Waistband And Pockets
- How To Cut And Sew a Short Pant //Cutting and Stitching Elastic Waistband Short Pant/ Easy short
- How To Sew ELASTIC WAISTBAND SHORTS From Scratch w/ French Seams 🩳 ••• #SewingTutorial #SewingDIY
- How to cut and sew trouser with zip, waist band, pockets, elastic
- How To Make Perfect Bed-sheet | Insert Elastic In Bed-sheet DIY – Tailoring With Usha
- Learn to Sew a Drawstring Waistband – Jogger Pants Waistband Tutorial
- DIY Gathered Midi-Skirt (With Pockets!) | How To Make A Gathered Skirt
- Ladies Elastic Waist Pants With Pockets
- How to sew a skirt with an elastic waistband
Last update 2021-06-27. Price and product availability may change.