How to Wrap a Knee Joint with an Elastic Bandage | Nursing Skill Tutorial
In this video I demonstrate how to wrap a knee joint with an elastic bandage in order to derive the most benefit and comfort from using the wrap. People wear elastic bandages on knee joints for many different reasons including preventative during sports or activity, to aid in healing after a sprain or strain, or for pain relief from chronic conditions such as osteoarthritis. Wrapping a knee joint properly will provide support and compression to the joint, which will ultimately result in increased comfort for the patient. Knee pain is a very common complaint seen in the ER, urgent care, or primary care office. In this nursing skill tutorial, I walk you through how to wrap a knee step by step so that the elastic bandage will stay in place and provide the most benefit to you or your patient.
NexSkin Elastic Compression Wrap, 4 inch Pack of 2: https://amzn.to/35vbyo8
ACE 4 Inch Elastic Bandage with Clips, Beige: https://amzn.to/3muADoI
I am a dual certified family and pediatric nurse practitioner. I worked many years as a registered nurse (RN) in the emergency room, then continued working in the emergency room after becoming a nurse practitioner (NP). I also did travel nursing as an ER nurse. Check out my travel nursing videos to learn more about my life as a travel nurse. 🙂
Please like and share this video if you enjoyed it or found it helpful!
Please subscribe to my channel and hit the notification bell to get all my future videos! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC56v3cPLfJaQgA1KTF5AGHQ
SCRUBS SEEN IN THIS VIDEO:
Grey’s Anatomy 4153 Women’s Mock Wrap Top: https://amzn.to/3iq6Aw1
Grey’s Anatomy Women’s 4232 Drawstring Scrub Pant: https://amzn.to/2EVWjKl
Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope: https://amzn.to/3gd8v71
THE BRANDS OF COMPRESSION SOCKS I USE:
CEP Compression Socks: https://amzn.to/3aBQcV3
PRO Compression Socks: https://amzn.to/3gEZLWW
Disclaimer: While I make every effort to provide correct information in these educational videos, there may be unintentional errors. Please always double check the information with a reliable textbook or other source.
The information in my videos is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice or recommendation. It should not be used to self-diagnose and is not a substitute for consultation, diagnosis and/or physical exam by a qualified health care provider. It should not be used as self-treatment or prescription recommendation to your existing medication(s) or treatment plan. Always consult with your health care provider regarding your health and/or medical condition prior to making any changes.
Disclaimer: Links included in this description may be affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if you purchase a product using these links. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you so much for supporting my channel!
#kneepain #kneewrap #nursingskills #nursepractitioner
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- How to Wrap a Wrist Sprain with an Elastic Bandage | Nursing Skill Tutorial
- How to Wrap an Ankle Sprain with an Elastic Bandage | Nursing Skill Tutorial
- How to Apply an ACE Wrap to Your Knee – ACE Wrap Tutorial
- How To Wrap An Elastic Bandage: Thumb Sprain
- how to add an elastic waistband // no sew tutorial
- How to Apply an ACE Wrap to Your Ankle
- How to make a turban headband | headband tutorial | DIY | Twisted headband tutorial
- Elastic Shoe Laces – Why I Use Them & How To Install Them | Laura : Fat to Fit
- DIY Cotton Headband Tutorial – How To Make A Headband Out Of Fabric
- Elastic Bandage Wrap Knee
- Beginners Tutorial How to Make Stretch / Elastic Rings
- Applying a Figure 8 Elastic Bandage to an Ankle
- Sprained Ankle?: How to wrap Ankle Sprains-correct
- How to Wrap a Wrist with ACE™ Brand Elastic Bandages
- Applying a Figure 8 Elastic Bandage to an Injured Wrist
Last update 2021-06-27. Price and product availability may change.