How to Wrap a Wrist Sprain with an Elastic Bandage | Nursing Skill Tutorial
In this video I demonstrate how to wrap a wrist sprain with an elastic bandage all by yourself. It is easier to apply an elastic bandage if you have someone else to help, but it’s still possible to do on your own. Applying an elastic bandage to a wrist injury helps decrease swelling and pain, and promotes healing by limiting mobility of the wrist joint. In this nursing skill tutorial, I walk you through how to wrap a knee step by step so that the elastic bandage will provide the most benefit to you or your patient. In this video I demonstrate the wrist wrapping with a 3 inch elastic bandage i picked up at Dollar Tree store. I’ve talked about these elastic bandages in some of my other videos, but I wanted to try one out myself to test the quality of the Dollar Tree brand elastic bandages and give you my honest review of them. I hope after watching this video you can easily apply your wrist wrap own your own!
These elastic bandages have velcro on the ends if you prefer that:
NexSkin Elastic Compression Wrap (3” Wide, 2 Pack) https://amzn.to/2N0I1Mr
I am a dual certified family and pediatric nurse practitioner. I worked many years as a registered nurse (RN) in the emergency room, then continued working in the emergency room after becoming a nurse practitioner (NP). I also did travel nursing as an ER nurse. Check out my travel nursing videos to learn more about my life as a travel nurse. 🙂
Please like and share this video if you enjoyed it or found it helpful!
Please subscribe to my channel and hit the notification bell to get all my future videos! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC56v3cPLfJaQgA1KTF5AGHQ
SCRUBS SEEN IN THIS VIDEO:
Grey’s Anatomy 4153 Women’s Mock Wrap Top: https://amzn.to/3iq6Aw1
Grey’s Anatomy Women’s 4232 Drawstring Scrub Pant: https://amzn.to/2EVWjKl
Disclaimer: While I make every effort to provide correct information in these educational videos, there may be unintentional errors. Please always double check the information with a reliable textbook or other source.
The information in my videos is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice or recommendation. It should not be used to self-diagnose and is not a substitute for consultation, diagnosis and/or physical exam by a qualified health care provider. It should not be used as self-treatment or prescription recommendation to your existing medication(s) or treatment plan. Always consult with your health care provider regarding your health and/or medical condition prior to making any changes.
Disclaimer: Links included in this description may be affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if you purchase a product using these links. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you so much for supporting my channel!
#wristsprain #wristwrap #nursingskills #nursepractitioner
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- How to Wrap an Ankle Sprain with an Elastic Bandage | Nursing Skill Tutorial
- How to Wrap a Knee Joint with an Elastic Bandage | Nursing Skill Tutorial
- How To Wrap An Elastic Bandage: Thumb Sprain
- How to Apply an ACE Wrap to Your Knee – ACE Wrap Tutorial
- Applying a Figure 8 Elastic Bandage to an Injured Wrist
- How to Wrap a Wrist with ACE™ Brand Elastic Bandages
- How to make a turban headband | headband tutorial | DIY | Twisted headband tutorial
- Elastic Shoe Laces – Why I Use Them & How To Install Them | Laura : Fat to Fit
- how to add an elastic waistband // no sew tutorial
- How to Apply an ACE Wrap to Your Ankle
- DIY Cotton Headband Tutorial – How To Make A Headband Out Of Fabric
- How To Sew Elastic Cuffs On Pants
- HOW TO TAKE IN THE WAIST OF YOUR JEANS | NO-SEW EASY + QUICK
- Beginners Tutorial How to Make Stretch / Elastic Rings
- How to make F.O.E elastic hair ties. DIY hair bow tutorial 🎀 laços de fita:
Last update 2021-06-27. Price and product availability may change.