How to Wrap an Ankle Sprain with an Elastic Bandage | Nursing Skill Tutorial
In this video I demonstrate how to wrap an ankle sprain with an elastic bandage. Wrapping a sprained ankle with an elastic bandage provides compression, stability and comfort when the proper ankle sprain bandage technique is used. Ankle sprains are a very common injury but can heal pretty quickly when the right ankle sprain treatment is performed. In this nursing skill tutorial, I walk you through how to wrap an ankle step by step and also review the RICE acronym which is rest, ice, compression and elevation. This should be explained to your patient before discharge.
There are many different brands of elastic bandage wraps, however ACE is the most widely known brand.
ACE 4 Inch Elastic Bandage with Clips, Beige: https://amzn.to/3muADoI
NexSkin Elastic Compression Wrap, 4 inch Pack of 2: https://amzn.to/35vbyo8
Scrubs seen in this video:
Grey’s Anatomy 4153 Women’s Mock Wrap Top: https://amzn.to/3iq6Aw1
Grey’s Anatomy Women’s 4232 Drawstring Scrub Pant: https://amzn.to/2EVWjKl
I am a dual certified family and pediatric nurse practitioner. I worked many years as a registered nurse (RN) in the emergency room, then continued working in the emergency room after becoming a nurse practitioner (NP). I also did travel nursing as an ER nurse. Check out my travel nursing videos to learn more about my life as a travel nurse. 🙂
Please like and share this video if you enjoyed it or found it helpful!
Please subscribe to my channel and hit the notification bell to get all my future videos! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC56v3cPLfJaQgA1KTF5AGHQ
Disclaimer: While I make every effort to provide correct information in these educational videos, there may be unintentional errors. Please always double check the information with a reliable textbook or other source.
The information in my videos is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice or recommendation. It should not be used to self-diagnose and is not a substitute for consultation, diagnosis and/or physical exam by a qualified health care provider. It should not be used as self-treatment or prescription recommendation to your existing medication(s) or treatment plan. Always consult with your health care provider regarding your health and/or medical condition prior to making any changes.
Disclaimer: Links included in this description may be affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if you purchase a product using these links. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you so much for supporting my channel!
#anklesprain #anklewrap #nursingskills #nursepractitioner
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- How to Wrap a Wrist Sprain with an Elastic Bandage | Nursing Skill Tutorial
- How to Wrap a Knee Joint with an Elastic Bandage | Nursing Skill Tutorial
- How To Wrap An Elastic Bandage: Thumb Sprain
- How to Apply an ACE Wrap to Your Ankle
- How to Apply an ACE Wrap to Your Knee – ACE Wrap Tutorial
- Applying a Figure 8 Elastic Bandage to an Ankle
- how to add an elastic waistband // no sew tutorial
- Sprained Ankle?: How to wrap Ankle Sprains-correct
- How to make a turban headband | headband tutorial | DIY | Twisted headband tutorial
- HOW TO MAKE AN OFF SHOULDER DRESS WITH ELASTIC BAND | Cutting & Stitching | Draft, Cut and Sew DIY
- Elastic Shoe Laces – Why I Use Them & How To Install Them | Laura : Fat to Fit
- Elastic Bandage For Ankle Sprain
- Applying a Figure 8 Elastic Bandage to an Injured Wrist
- Cinema 4D Tutorial – Using Soft Body Dynamics to Create an Elastic Ribbon
- How to sew a skirt with an elastic waistband
Last update 2021-06-27. Price and product availability may change.